Andrew Y. Coffman has focused his practice in the area of civil rights and employment discrimination for the last 20 years. He possesses a wealth of experience in discrimination law, overtime law, and wrongful termination cases. Andrew graduated cum laude from Boston University School of Law and earned his undergraduate degree from Purdue University. Both schools were far from his hometown of Atlanta, Georgia, where he was raised and where he returned after earning his law degree.
Mr. Coffman is an experienced trial lawyer who has secured jury verdicts and numerous out-of-court settlements for clients in cases ranging from police brutality to wrongful termination. He is admitted to practice in all Georgia state and appellate courts, the United States District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. His practice is varied and encompasses informal counseling, severance and contract negotiations, administrative appeals, mediations, and trial. He can help you initiate your charge with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and guide you through the process to settlement or verdict.
Mr. Coffman is a member of the Association of trial Lawyers of America, the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, the State Bar of Georgia, and the Atlanta Bar Association.
His interests include restoring his 100 year old home, perpetually training for the Peachtree Road Race, and spending time with his family. Mr. Coffman stays involved in the community through the Georgia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, and as an active resident of his Inman Park neighborhood.
- $1.6 Million Judgment for sex discrimination (Carl v. Fulton County, 1:07-01812, U.S.D.C., N.D.Ga.)
- $500,000+ combined judgments and settlements against CompUSA for overtime misclassification under the FLSA (Taylor, et al. v. CompUSA, 1:04-0718, U.S.D.C., N.D.Ga.)
- $260,000 settlement in racial harassment claims against Fulton County
- $260,000 Judgment in pregnancy discrimination / retaliation (Title VII) action (Obester v. Lucas Associates, Inc., 1:08-3491, U.S.D.C., N.D.Ga.)
- $90,000 settlement of age discrimination lawsuit (Davidson v. City of Atlanta, 1:11-2880, U.S.D.C., N.D.Ga.)
- $880,000 settlement for race discrimination against the U.S. Air Force (Barber v. Roche, 2:05-112-4, U.S.D.C., M.D.Ga.)
- $152,000 Judgment in slander and defamation case (Rice v. Cheshire, 2010-0907, Superior Court of Forsyth County)
- Numerous out of court settlements in excess of $100,000 for employment discrimination victims
email@example.com | 404-873-8000